Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Just how successful a role can social media play in society?

Finding ways to use social media appropriately in the workplace is a challenge. By workplace, I mean this university, as we try to find new ways to reach high school students. Can we open new channels of communication with these students? Can messages bigger than "come here, you'll learn lots," stir an unexpected interest in the college-minded senior? Blogs are being used world wide, in countries starved for significant social change - and I know it's naive - but my hope is that our reach could be bigger than our grasp, to paraphrase Mr. Browning.

This audio, from the Oxford Internet Institute, is longer than you might have time for, but it raises some interesting points. Why I keep wandering into these global issues, when I can't even find my keys in the morning, I'll never know....






http://odeo.com/episodes/25248032-Social-Media-So-What-Assessing-the-Impact-of-Blogs-and-Social-Media

No comments:

Post a Comment