Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Global Voices

As usual, time got away from me as I search through the blogosphere. This is one of my new favs - bookmarked, even! The layout appeals to the artist in me, (love love love the maps attached to the featured stories!) but the content really pulled me in. I, of course, spent my lunch break reading about photography:

http://globalvoicesonline.org/2010/01/18/graffiti-and-urban-art-voices-from-latin-american-streets-ii/

ON the same site, under education, was this little gem. Funny how I gravitate to the arts, though.... The following vidoe is from the "My First Movie" workshop in Valladolid, Spain. Children take part in a film-making class, done without the use of a camera. By using alternate techniques and projectors, they painted on 16 mm film; the painted strips were spliced together:

Films | Taller | Workshop | 27_12_09 | 16mm Filmmaking from AsociaciĆ³n Espacio Rojo on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Funny, I was just listening to a conversation about the influence of art on education earlier today. At my school, we ask all degree-seeking students in one program to complete an arts course (even though they're getting a graduate degree in divinity). The dean told a story about one international student who had taken an art course to fulfill the graduation requirement and ended up having several local shows. He is now a professional artist in Hungary.

    Also, I looked for some graffiti art myself and this is what I found.

    ReplyDelete