Wednesday, January 6, 2010

In one of Denvy's previous blogs, he mentioned the "timidity" of our initial postings. Whew - last quarter was my first "forum" experience - and I sweated bullets at posting comments my peers would read and critique. I have a tendency to filter and edit what I write, rather than feeling free to make mistakes and appear foolish. A pride thing, I admit.

Will my entries be more "reflective" or "meaningful" if I'm too timid to break free of self-imposed restrictions? I hope I grow beyond the fear - of course the fact that I'm posting a second time is proof of some growth on my part!

2 comments:

  1. Well done. We are all putting ourselves out there to whatever extent we are comfortable. For some we will post too much info and for others not enough. Make it meaningful to you and I bet you will be satisfied no matter how much or little you put in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a terrific question. I think I would say that your entries wouldn't be as thoughtful or relevant if you can't truly express yourself. It is up to the reader to interpret what you mean and, unless they know you well enough to read more into the text, then they may come away with a different message than you intended.

    When you post, do you imagine that you are doing it for a faceless audience or for specific people in order to start a conversation? Maybe it will be easier to be frank after yesterday's discussion.

    ReplyDelete